Very Berry Cake
- 1/2 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) margarine or butter, softened
- 4 egg whites or 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- One carton (8‑oz.) reduced‑fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all‑purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup raspberry preserves
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9‑inch square metal baking pan with cooking spray or grease lightly.
- For streusel, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- For coffeecake, beat sugar and margarine with electric mixer in large bowl until fluffy. Add egg whites, sour cream and vanilla; mix until smooth. Add combined flour, oats, baking powder and baking soda; mix just until blended. Spread into pan. Spoon preserves over batter; swirl through batter with knife. Sprinkle blueberries evenly over batter. Sprinkle streusel over blueberries.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Serve warm. Store tightly covered at room temperature.