Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
- Softened ice cream or frozen yogourt
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add to butter mixture; mix well. Stir in oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
- To make sandwiches, spread softened ice cream on bottom side of one cookie; top with second cookie. Wrap airtight; freeze.
Metric: Oven Temp 180°C