Tropical Lime Oat Bars
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/4 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- One 14‑ounce can low‑fat sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1/2 cup reduced‑fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 2 teaspoons firmly packed, finely grated lime peel (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- One 3‑1/2‑ounce jar macadamia nuts, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray 13 x 9‑inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and butter until creamy. Add combined oats, flour and salt; mix until crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for topping; transfer to wire rack. Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of baking pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- In same bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, lime juice and lime peel; mix well. Pour evenly over crust.
- In medium bowl, combine reserved oat mixture with coconut and nuts; mix well. Sprinkle evenly over filling, patting gently.
- Bake 30 to 34 minutes or until topping is light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.