Three Pepper Oat Pilaf
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1‑3/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats, uncooked
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil leaves or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
How to make it
- In 10‑inch non‑stick skillet, cook peppers, mushrooms, green onions and garlic in oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp‑tender, about 2 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix oats and egg whites until oats are evenly coated. Add oats to vegetable mixture in skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until oats are dry and separated, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add broth, basil, salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Serve immediately.