Sweet & Nutty Banana Bread Oatmeal
- 3 cups fat‑free milk
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 medium‑size ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- Vanilla non‑fat yogurt (optional)
- Banana slices (optional)
- Pecan halves (optional)
How to make it
- In medium saucepan, bring milk, brown sugar and spices to a gentle boil (watch carefully); stir in oats. Return to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cook 1 minute for quick oats, 5 minutes for large flake oats, or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Remove oatmeal from heat. Stir in mashed bananas and pecans. Spoon oatmeal into six cereal bowls. Top with yogurt, sliced bananas and pecan halves, if desired.
To toast pecans, spread evenly in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350°F 5 to 7 minutes or until light golden brown. Or spread nuts evenly on microwave‑safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Continue to microwave on HIGH, checking every 30 seconds until nuts are fragrant and brown.