Sunshine Orange Bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup all‑purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2/3 cup Tropicana Pure Premium® orange juice
- 1/2 cup all‑purpose flour
- Confectioners’ sugar, as desired
- Grated orange peel, as desired
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease or spray bottom of 13 x 9 x 2‑inch metal baking pan with cooking spray.
- For crust, beat butter in medium bowl with electric mixer until creamy. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat well.
- Add combined flour and oats; beat on low speed until crumbly. Press crumbs firmly and evenly onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes, until light golden brown. Remove from oven. Reduce heat to 300ºF.
- For filling, beat eggs, granulated sugar and orange peel with electric mixer until smooth and well blended. Add juice; beat to combine. Add flour; beat just to combine. Pour filling over hot crust. Bake just until set, about 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, several hours or overnight.
- Cut into bars or squares. Just before serving, sprinkle lightly with confectioners’ sugar. Garnish with orange peel.