Streusel Spice Muffins
- 1/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup all‑purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, well chilled, cut into 1" pieces
- 1-1/4 cups all‑purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Aunt Jemima® Original, Buttermilk Original, Complete or Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup raisins (optional)
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Spray 12 medium muffin cups with non‑fat cooking spray or line with paper baking cups.
- For streusel topping, combine oats, flour, sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Cut in margarine with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- For muffin, combine flour, pancake mix, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl.
- In small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; add to flour mixture. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in raisins, if desired.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon streusel evenly over each muffin.
- Bake 18‑20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 2 minutes in pan. Remove to cooling rack.