Snowman Oatmeal Cookies
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all‑purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- Decorator frosting in tubes
- Candy sprinkles and small candies
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two cookie sheets.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. In separate bowl, combine flour and baking soda; mix well. Add to butter mixture; mix well. Stir in oats; mix well. Divide dough into 4 equal portions.
- Using hands, pat each portion of dough into a large 1/4‑inch thick snowman on cookie sheet.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; carefully remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely. Decorate as desired with frosting and candy. Store tightly covered.