Savoury Sundried Tomato & Herb Focaccia
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1-1/2 to 2‑1/4 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning blend, divided
- One 1/4‑ounce package (about 2‑1/4 teaspoons) quick‑rising yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 to 6 sundried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
How to make it
- Lightly spray 13 x 9‑inch baking pan with cooking spray; dust with cornmeal.
- In large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, oats, 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, yeast, sugar and 1 teaspoon garlic salt; mix well. In small saucepan, heat water and 1/4 cup olive oil until very warm (120°F to 130°F). Add to flour mixture; mix well. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead 8 to 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Put dough into pan, pressing dough out to edges of pan. Using fingertips, poke indentations over surface of dough. Brush dough with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt. Arrange dried tomatoes across top; sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover; let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into strips or squares. Serve warm.