Rudolph's Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice or ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375° F. For cookies, in large bowl beat together butter and sugar until creamy. Add egg, molasses, milk, and vanilla; beat well.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and allspice; add to butter mixture and mix well. Stir in oats, carrots and raisins; mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. Cool completely.
- For glaze, combine all ingredients; mix well. Drizzle over cookies. Let glaze set. Store in tightly covered container.