Roasted Cauliflower & Oat Soup with Turmeric
- 1 cup(s) Quick Quaker® Oats
- 4 cup(s) cauliflower florets
- 1 large onion, cut lengthwise into quarters
- 2 stalks celery, cut into approximately 2‑inch pieces
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) ground turmeric
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated fresh ginger
- 4 cup(s) low‑sodium vegetable broth
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 450℉.
- Line 15 x 10 x 1‑inch baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Place 1/2 cup oats in food processor or blender.
- Process until finely ground; remove from food processor.
- Place cauliflower, onion and celery in large bowl.
- In small bowl, whisk together turmeric, thyme and salt, if desired.
- Stir in oil.
- Add to vegetables.
- Toss until well coated with turmeric mixture.
- Place vegetables on baking sheet.
- Add freshly ground pepper, as desired.
- Roast 15 minutes; stir and continue roasting 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Cool vegetables slightly.
- Place in food processor or blender.
- Add ginger and 1/2 cup broth.
- Process until pureed, adding additional broth if necessary.
- Transfer pureed vegetables to large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Add remaining broth.
- Stir in ground oats.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining oats.
- Continue cooking 3 to 5 minutes or until oats are softened, stirring frequently.
- Add water or additional broth, if desired for consistency.
4 cups carrot pieces (about 2‑inch pieces) can be substituted for cauliflower. Or 2 cups each cauliflower and carrots can be used.