Rich ‘n Creamy Baked Oatmeal
- 1-1/2 cups 2% low‑fat milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Optional toppings: fruit & skim milk or yogurt
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 1½‑quart casserole with non‑stick cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, oil and vanilla; mix well. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- Add liquid ingredients; mix until well blended. Let stand about 15 minutes.
- Pour into prepared casserole. Bake, uncovered, 35 to 45 minutes or until centre is dry and firm to the touch. Cool slightly before serving. Top with fruit and milk or yogourt, if desired.