Queen of Hearts Frozen Berry Tart
- 1-1/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup all‑purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) margarine or butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint (2 cups) raspberry or strawberry sorbet
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries OR 1 package (10‑oz.) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 9‑inch spring‑form pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, flour, cocoa, brown sugar and almonds; mix well. Add margarine; mix well (mixture will be crumbly). Press oat mixture firmly onto bottom and about 1‑inch upsides of pan.
- Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until centre feels firm but springs back when lightly touched. Place pan on wire rack; cool completely.
- Soften ice cream and sorbet by placing at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes. (Sorbet will soften faster than the ice cream.)
- Spoon ice cream and sorbet onto cooled crust, alternating spoonfuls of ice cream and sorbet. Using spoon or knife, swirl ice cream and sorbet together, creating a marbled effect.
- Smooth top of dessert. Cover and freeze until firm, about 4 hours, or as long as 3 days.
- Remove dessert from freezer 10 to 15 minutes before serving. Using a sharp knife, cut into wedges. Spoon raspberries and syrup over individual servings. Store tightly covered in freezer.
Sorbet gives this dessert a rich fruit flavour. Raspberry or strawberry sherbet may also be used.