Quaker’s Best Oatmeal Muffins
- 1/3 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup all‑purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1-1/2 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup low‑fat milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- For streusel, combine oats, flour and brown sugar in small bowl; mix well. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- For muffins, combine flour, oats, granulated sugar and baking powder in large bowl; mix well. In small bowl, combine milk, oil, egg and vanilla; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Sprinkle with reserved streusel, patting gently.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Serve warm.