Peach & Honey Oatmeal
- 2 cups (500 mL) Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Quick Oats (uncooked)
- 3 1/2 cups (875 mL) water
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey
- 1/2 teaspoon (2mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 peach or other fresh fruit
How to make it
- Bring water, dried cranberries, honey and cinnamon to a boil; reduce heat to medium.
- Add quick oats and cook for 1 minute or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Let stand until desired consistency.
- Top with sliced peach or other fresh fruit.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: 45g of whole grains, source of iron, source of fibre.
Tip: Registered Sports Dietitian, Pearle Nerenberg recommends adding chopped nuts and milk for the ideal pre‑game meal.