- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 package (11 oz.) butterscotch flavoured chips
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add oats and butterscotch morsels; mix well.
- Drop dough by level tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes for a chewy cookie or 9 to 10 minutes for a crisp cookie. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.