Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons heat‑stable sugar substitute equal to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all‑purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1‑1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup raisins, chopped
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sweetener or sugar until creamy. Add egg substitute; beat well. Add applesauce, apple juice concentrate and vanilla; beat well.
- Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until firm to the touch and light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.