Oatmeal Drop Biscuits
- 3/4 cup all‑purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) margarine, chilled and cut into pieces
- 1-3/4 cups low‑fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup raisins
How to make it
- Heat oven to 450°F. In large bowl, combine flour, whole‑grain flour oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add oil and buttermilk; stir with fork just until dry ingredients are moistened. Add raisins, mix just until blended. (Do not overmix.)
- Drop dough by 1/4 cup portions 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.
Soured milk may be substituted for buttermilk. To sour milk, combine 1‑3/4 cups fat‑free milk with 4 teaspoons lemon juice; let stand 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.