Oatmeal Chipper Skillet Cookie
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup all‑purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping or Chocolate Syrup (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars with electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chips; mix well.
- Press dough evenly into bottom of 10‑inch non‑stick ovenproof skillet.
- Bake 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned. (Do not overbake as cookie will continue to bake after it is removed from oven.)
- Cool about 10 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve with ice cream and, if desired, caramel topping.
Gently knead 1 cup Quaker Quick or Old Fashioned Oats (uncooked) into an 18‑ounce package of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough.
Press evenly into bottom of 10‑inch non‑stick ovenproof skillet.
Bake at 350ºF 20 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Continue as directed above.