Oatmeal Carrot Cake Bread
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup non‑fat milk
- One 8‑ounce can crushed pineapple in juice, un‑drained
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 cup whole‑grain wheat flour
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray bottom only of two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans or one 9 x 5‑inch loaf pan with cooking spray or grease lightly.
- Combine oats and milk in medium bowl; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Add pineapple (including juice), eggs, oil and vanilla; mix well.
- In large bowl, combine flour, whole‑wheat flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in carrots, raisins and walnuts. Add oat mixture to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.) Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes (8 x 4‑inch pans) or 60 to75 minutes (9 x 5‑inch pan) or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean and crust is golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely. Store tightly wrapped.