Molasses Spice Oatmeal Muffins
- 1/2 cup all‑purpose flour
- 1 cup whole‑grain wheat flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup fat‑free milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup applesauce, any type
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 3 teaspoons Tropicana Pure Premium® orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- For muffins, combine dry ingredients in large bowl; mix well. Combine milk, molasses, oil and egg in medium bowl; mix well.
- Stir in applesauce. Add to dry ingredients all at once; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- For glaze, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix until smooth. Drizzle over muffin tops. Serve warm.