Mini Cheesy Veggie Pizzas
- 2/3 cup warm water (105°F‑115°F)
- One 1/4‑ounce package (about 2‑1/4 teaspoons) quick‑rising yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/3 cups all‑purpose flour
- 3/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part‑skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425°F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray or oil lightly.
- In small bowl, combine water, yeast, oil and sugar; mix. Let stand 10 minutes or until foamy.
- In large bowl, combine flour and oats. Add yeast mixture; blend on low speed of electric mixer until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium; beat 2 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead 1 minute. Shape dough into ball; place in greased bowl, turning once. Cover; let rise in warm place 20 minutes or until nearly doubled in size.
- Punch dough down; divide into four portions. On cookie sheet, pat each portion of dough into 6‑inch circle. Top with Parmesan cheese, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, bell pepper, onion, basil, garlic and tomatoes, in that order, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Pizzas may be grilled. After shaping crusts, grill over medium‑hot coals 2 to 4 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. Remove from grill. On browned side of crusts, layer toppings as directed above. Return to grill. Cover; grill 4 to 6 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown and cheese begins to melt.