Marvelous Morning Muffins
- 1 cup/250 mL Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Large Flake Oats or Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Quick Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup/250 mL all‑purpose flour
- ½ cup/125 mL whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup/75 mL firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup/125 mL raisins
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL baking powder
- 1 teaspoon/ 5 mL ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon/2.5 mL baking soda
- ½ teaspoon/ 2.5 mL salt
- 1 can (8 ounces/225 grams) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- ½ cup/125 mL shredded carrots
- ½ cup/125 mL fat‑free (skim) milk
- ½ cup/75 mL vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fat‑free (skim) milk
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F/200°C. Line 12 medium muffin pan cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with nonstick cooking spray.
- For muffins, combine oats, all‑purpose flour, whole wheat flour, brown sugar, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl; mix well.
- Combine pineapple (with juice), carrots, ½ cup/125 mL milk, oil and egg in medium bowl; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.)
- Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan Cool 10 minutes.
- For glaze, combine ingredients in small bowl; mix until smooth. Drizzle evenly over muffins. Serve warm.