Marbled Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 pound (4 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4-1/4 cups all‑purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semi‑sweet chocolate chips, divided
How to make it
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined 4 cups flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Divide dough evenly between two bowls. Add cocoa to one bowl and add remaining 1/4 cup flour to second bowl; mix well.
- Add 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup oats to each bowl; mix well. Cover and chill both doughs 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F. To shape cookies, remove small portion of each dough; keep remainder refrigerated.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of each dough, twisting doughs together to form a single cookie. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until light coloured dough is golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.