Italian Pesto Oat Rolls
- 1-3/4 to 2‑1/2 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- One 1/4‑ounce package (about 2‑1/4 teaspoons) quick‑rising yeast
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, coarsely crushed (optional)
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Pesto
How to make it
- In large bowl, combine 1‑3/4 cups flour, oats, cheese, sugar, yeast, salt and fennel, if desired; mix well. In small saucepan, heat water and oil until very warm (120°F to 130°F).
- Add to flour mixture. By hand, stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough that pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Lightly spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- Roll dough into 10‑inch circle. Cut into 12 wedges. Spread about 1 teaspoon pesto across each wedge. Roll up tightly from wide end.
- Place rolls seam side down on cookie sheet; gently push ends down to form crescent shape. Cover; let rise in warm place 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.
If desired, brush tops of rolls very lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with additional oats before baking.
FOR BREAD MACHINES:
Place 1‑3/4 cups flour, oats, cheese, sugar, 2‑1/4 teaspoons bread machine or quick‑rising yeast, salt, fennel, water (at room temperature) and olive oil in bread machine pan in the order recommended by manufacturer.
Select dough/manual cycle. When cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to lightly floured surface. If necessary, knead in enough additional flour to make dough easy to handle. Proceed as recipe directs.