Hidden Berry Cupcakes
- 1-3/4 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup (5‑1/3 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry or raspberry fruit spread
- Confectioners’ sugar
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Line 16 medium muffin cups with paper or foil baking cups; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add butter and beat with electric mixer on low speed until crumbly, about 1 minute.
- In medium bowl, combine eggs, milk and vanilla; add to flour‑butter mixture.
- Beat on low speed until incorporated, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Gently fold in oats. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Using small sharp knife, cut out a cone‑shaped piece from the centre of each cupcake, leaving a 3/4‑inch border around edge of cupcake. Carefully remove and reserve cake pieces. Fill each depression with a generous teaspoon of fruit spread. Top with reserved cake pieces; sift confectioners’ sugar over tops of cupcakes.