Hearty Banana Oat Flapjacks
- 2 Large ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL granulated sugar
- 1 cup/250 mL all‑purpose flour
- ½ cup/125 mL Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Large Flake Oats or Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Quick Oats (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon/1.25 mL ground cinnamon
- ¼ tablespoon/1.25 mL salt (optional)
- 1 cup/250 mL fat‑free (skim) milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL vegetable oil
- Aunt Jemima® Original Syrup, warmed
- Additional banana slices (optional)
- Coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
How to make it
- Combine banana slices and sugar in medium bowl; stir to coat slices with sugar. Set aside.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and, if desired, salt in large bowl; mix well.
- Combine milk, egg and oil in medium bowl; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Heat griddle over medium‑high heat (or preheat electric skillet or griddle to 375°F/190°C). Lightly grease griddle.
- For each pancake, pour scant ¼ cup/60 mL batter onto hot griddle.
- Top with four or five sugar‑coated banana slices.
- Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Serve with warm syrup and additional banana slices and nuts, if desired.
Makes 12 pancakes.