- 1-3/4 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugar, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine milk, molasses, oil and egg; mix well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; mix until well blended. Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 20 to 23 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients, adding enough lemon juice for desired consistency; mix until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled cupcakes. Store loosely covered.
For gift giving: Arrange a few cupcakes on a small plate; overwrap with cellophane and top with a bow. Or, place six cupcakes in a foil muffin pan and wrap with cellophane.