Ginger-Berry Oatmeal Muffin Tops
- 1 ½ cups/350 mL Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Large Flake Oats or Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Quick Oats (uncooked)
- ½ cup/125 mL granulated sugar
- ½ cup/75 mL (⅔ stick) margarine or butter, melted, divided
- 1 ⅓ cups/325 mL all‑purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon/3.75 mL ground ginger
- ⅔ cup/150 mL milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup/250 mL blueberries, fresh or frozen
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F/200°C. Lightly grease large cookie sheet.
- Combine oats and sugar in large bowl mix well. For streusel topping, combine ¼ cup/60 mL oat mixture and 1 tablespoon/15 mL melted margarine in small bowl. Set aside.
- Add flour, baking powder and ginger to remaining oat mixture; mix well.
- Combine milk, remaining melted margarine and egg in small bowl; mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in blueberries.
- For each muffin top, drop batter by ¼‑cup/ 60‑mL portions onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle streusel topping evenly over batter, patting gently.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Tip: To freeze, wrap muffin tops securely in foil, or place in freezer bag; label and freeze. To reheat, microwave on HIGH about 30 seconds per muffin top.
Makes 12 muffin tops.