Garden-Style Turkey Loaf Hero Sandwiches
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- One 10‑ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup fat‑free milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (8 oz.) fat‑free Italian vinaigrette dressing, divided
- 8 French or hero rolls, split horizontally
- 8 slices (about 6 ounces) reduced‑fat Swiss, mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese, cut in half diagonally
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into strips
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine all loaf ingredients; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 9 x 5‑inch loaf in 13 x 9‑inch baking pan or on rack of broiler pan.
- Bake 1 hour or until thermometer registers 170°F and centre is no longer pink. Let turkey loaf stand about 5 minutes before slicing.
- If sandwiches aren't prepared immediately, cover and refrigerate meatloaf at this point.
- For sandwiches, drizzle 2 tablespoons dressing onto cut sides of each roll. Layer meatloaf slices, cheese, tomatoes and bell pepper strips on roll. Cut in half to serve.