Fruited Baked Oatmeal
- 2-1/4 cups Quick Quaker® Oats or 2‑3/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats, uncooked
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/3 cups skim milk
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten or 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Fat‑free milk or non‑fat yogurt and fruit (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8‑inch glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats, sugar, raisins, cinnamon and salt; mix well. In medium bowl, combine milk, egg whites, oil and vanilla; mix well.
- Add to dry ingredients; mix until well blended. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until centre is set and firm to the touch. Cool slightly.
- Serve topped with milk or yogurt and fruit, if desired. Store leftover oatmeal tightly covered in refrigerator.
Nutritional values refer to recipe using Quick One Minute Quaker Oats, Raisins and omitting fat‑free milk, non‑fat yogurt and fruit.