Frosty Snow Cakes
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Line 24 medium muffin cups with paper or foil baking cups; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, egg whites, yogourt, water and oil with electric mixer according to package directions. Gently fold in oats. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and allow to soften just enough so it can be mixed. Transfer to chilled bowl; stir just until ice cream is spreadable but still holds its shape.
- Working quickly, “frost” each cupcake with softened ice cream. Place frosted cupcakes on tray and return to freezer to firm up slightly, no more than 30 minutes.
*Yogourt containing gelatin is not recommended.
**Light/reduced‑fat ice cream is not recommended.
VARIATION: Sprinkle frosted cupcakes with shredded coconut.