Easy Shortbread Cookies
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350° F. Place butter in large (1 gallon) resealable plastic bag. Squeeze with hands until very soft. Open bag; add sugar and vanilla. Reseal; squeeze and knead until ingredients are well mixed. Open bag; add oats and flour. Reseal; squeeze and knead until ingredients are well mixed.
- Open bag; scrape dough together with spatula and remove from bag.
- Shape dough into 1‑inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart; flatten with fingers or tines of fork to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Decorate as desired with coloured sugar or candy sprinkles.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until bottoms are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.