Easter Egg Oatmeal Cookie Cups
Abbey Sharp is a Registered Dietitian, award-winning cookbook author, and founder of Abbey’s Kitchen Inc., a food & nutrition brand created to celebrate enjoyable eating experiences. As Quaker’s 2020 spokesperson, Abbey will be creating versatile recipes throughout the year, featuring the #PowerOfOats.
- 1 ¼ cups Quick Quaker® Oats
- 2 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts
- ⅔ cup plus ¼ cup almond butter, divided
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut, with a separate ¼ for topping
- ¼ cup minced mini chocolate candy eggs
- 20 mini chocolate candy eggs
How to make it
- To a large food processor, add the oats, flax, hemp hearts, 2/3 cup almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and ¼ cup coconut. Process until mixed throughout.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle in the minced mini chocolate candy eggs.
- Press two‑tablespoon balls into mini silicone muffin tins and press a hole into the middle (not all the way through!).
- Add one small teaspoon of almond butter and a sprinkle of shredded coconut, then top with one chocolate candy egg. Enjoy at room temperature or out of the fridge.