Cranberry Orange Bread
- ½ cup/125 mL all‑purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups/250 mL whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cups/300 mL Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Large Flake Oats or Quaker® 100% Whole Grain Quick Oats (uncooked)
- ½ cup/125 mL firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon/ 5 mL baking powder
- ½ teaspoon/2.5 mL baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon/1.25 mL salt
- ¼ teaspoon/1.25 mL ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon/2.5 ground cinnamon
- 1 cup/250 mL fat‑free (skim) milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup/ 75 mL Tropicana Pure Premium® orange juice
- ¼ cup/60 mL vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL grated orange peel
- ¾ cup/175 mL chopped fresh, frozen (thawed) or dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL chopped pecans
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F/180°C . Spray bottom only of 9X5‑inch loaf pan with non‑stick cooking spray.
- Combine all‑purpose flour, whole wheat flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in large bowl; mix well.
- Combine milk, eggs, orange juice, oil and orange peel in medium bowl; blend well.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix).
- Stir in cranberries and pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove from pan. Cool completely. Store tightly wrapped.
Tip: To toast nuts for extra flavour, spread evenly in shallow baking pan. Bake at 350°F/180°C 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool completely before using.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.