Cozy Oat & Vegetable soup
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 6 cups ready‑to‑serve chicken broth
- 1 cup Quaker® Oats
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
How to make it
- In large skillet or saucepan, cook onion and carrots in 2 tablespoons butter over medium‑low heat, stirring often, 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add 1/2 cup uncooked oats and remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until oats are golden brown.
- Stir in broth; bring to a low boil. Stir in cooked oatmeal, stirring until well mixed. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with parsley.