Cocoa Banana Mini Muffins
- 1-1/4 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 small)
- 1/2 cup fat‑free milk
- 5 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line thirty‑six miniature muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda; mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine bananas, milk, margarine, egg whites and vanilla; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.)
- Fill muffin cups almost full. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Store tightly covered.
Variations: Cook’s Tip: To make standard‑size muffins, line 12 medium muffin cups with paper baking cups. Proceed as recipe directs. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.