Chocolate Raspberry Streusel Squares
- 1-1/4 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 12 tablespoons (1‑1/2 sticks) margarine or butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup raspberry preserves or jam (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semi‑sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) white chocolate chips, melted (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sugars, baking powder and salt. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup oat mixture for streusel. Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of ungreased 8‑inch square baking pan. Bake 10 minutes. Transfer to wire rack.
- Spread preserves evenly over hot crust to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Combine reserved oat mixture and almonds, if desired; sprinkle over chocolate chips, patting gently.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate chips, if desired. Let chocolate set before cutting into squares. Store tightly covered.