Chewy Blond Brownies
- 2/3 cup (1 1/3 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1‑1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1‑1/3 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1‑1/3 cups all‑purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup semi‑sweet chocolate pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9‑inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until fluffy.
- Add remaining ingredients; mixwell. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool; cut into bars.
Variation: For iced brownies, sprinkle 2 cups chocolate chips over brownies immediately after baking. Let stand 10 minutes; spread melted chocolate chips evenly with spatula. Cool completely before cutting.
Chill Time: 30 min