Butternut Squash and Apple Crisp
- 3 cups chopped butternut squash
- 3 cups peeled, chopped apples
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp all‑purpose flour
How to make it
- Filling: Preheat oven to 375˚F. Grease 9‑inch square baking dish; set aside.
- Toss together butternut squash, apples, sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until combined. Spread evenly into prepared pan; dot with butter.
- Topping: Toss together oats, brown sugar and flour; using fingertips, cut in butter until crumbly. Toss in apple chips. Sprinkle evenly over fruit mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Serve warm.
• Serve with a dollop of yogurt if desired.
• You can use an oval or round baking dish instead of a
square dish if preferred.