- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry barbecue seasoning
- 7 cups Quaker® Life® Original Cereal
- 1 cup pretzel sticks
- 1 cup dry roasted* or unsalted peanuts
How to make it
- Heat oven to 250ºF. In 15 x 10 inch jelly roll pan combine cereal, pretzels and nuts, set this cereal mixture aside.
- In a small sauce pan melt margarine over low heat. Add barbecue sauce, garlic salt and barbecue seasoning, simmer 3‑5 minutes until it thickens slightly, stirring constantly.
- Pour barbecue mixture evenly over cereal mixture. Stir to coat evenly.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes.
- Spread on baking sheet to cool.
- Store in tightly covered container up to 4 days.
* If using non‑dry roasted peanuts, add after baking.