Banana Oatmeal Rocks
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons (1‑1/2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-1/2 cups raisins or chopped pitted prunes
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheets with aluminum foil.
- For cookies, beat sugar and margarine in large bowl until creamy. Add bananas, egg and lemon peel; beat well. Add combined flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg; mix well. Add oats, raisins, nuts and dates; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. (Do not overbake; cookies should remain soft.) Slide cookies and foil from cookie sheets onto wire rack; cool while preparing glaze.
- For glaze, combine all ingredients in small bowl; mix until smooth. (Glaze should be thick). Spoon small amount of glaze over each warm cookie, letting glaze run down sides of cookie.
- Cool completely. Remove cookies from foil. Store tightly covered.