Banana Bread Overnight Oats
- 3 cups (750 mL) Large Flake Quaker® Oats
- 3 cups (750 mL) skim or 1% milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each ground nutmeg and salt
- 3 bananas, divided
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped toasted pecans
- Plain or vanilla non‑fat yogurt (optional)
How to make it
- Stir together milk, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; stir in oats. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Mash two bananas and stir into oatmeal. Slice remaining banana. Divide oatmeal evenly among bowls or small Mason jars; top with sliced banana, pecans, and yogurt (if using).
Tip: Top with blueberries, raspberries or blackberries if desired.
Tip: Use non‑dairy substitutes, such as soy or almond milk if desired.
Tip: Stir in 1/2 tsp (2 mL) chia or hemp seeds before refrigerating if desired.