- 2 cups Quick Quaker® Oats OR 2‑1/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats, uncooked
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3-1/3 cups fat‑free milk
- 2 eggs OR 1/2 cup egg substitute, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350º F. Spray 8‑inch square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine oats and granulated sugar. In medium bowl, combine milk, eggs and vanilla; mix well. Add to oat mixture; mix well. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until centre jiggles slightly. Remove from oven to cooling rack.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over top of oatmeal. Using back of spoon, gently spread sugar into a thin layer across entire surface of oatmeal. Return to oven; bake just until sugar melts, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Set oven to broil. Broil 3 inches from heat until sugar bubbles and browns slightly, 1 to 2 minutes. (Watch carefully to prevent burning. It may be necessary to turn baking dish.) Spoon into bowls to serve.