Baked Cherry Almond Oatmeal
- 2 1/4 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk (2 per cent)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Vanilla low‑fat yogurt
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray 8 (6 oz.) custard cups or ramekins with non‑stick cooking spray; arrange on rimmed baking sheet.
- In large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar and salt; mix well. In medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, butter, vanilla and almond extract.
- Add to dry ingredients; mix until well blended. Spoon into cups. Stir cherries into each cup, dividing evenly; sprinkle evenly with almonds.
- Bake until knife inserted near centre comes out clean, about 23 to 26 minutes for Quick Oats, 25 to 30 minutes for Large Flake. (Centres will not be completely set.) Cool 10 minutes.
To toast almonds, bake on baking sheet in preheated 350ºF oven until fragrant, 5 to 7 minutes. Or, spread on microwave‑safe plate and microwave on HIGH (100% power) 1 to 1‑1/2 minutes.
Substitute dried cranberries, blueberries or chopped dried apricots for dried cherries.
To bake in 8‑inch square baking pan: Spray pan with non‑stick cooking spray. Combine oats, brown sugar, salt and cherries in large bowl. Combine milk, eggs, butter, vanilla and almond extract in medium bowl. Add to dry ingredients; mix thoroughly. Pour into pan.