Apricot Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup low‑fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup egg substitute or 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup all‑purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons heat‑stable sugar substitute equal to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400°F. Lightly spray twelve medium muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, combine oats and buttermilk; mix well. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in egg substitute and margarine until blended.
- In large bowl, combine flour, apricots, nuts, sweetener or sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add oat mixture all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not over mix.) Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool muffins in pan on wire rack 5 minutes; remove from pan. Serve warm.