- 2-1/2 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons un‑blanched sliced almonds
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup low‑fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom only of 9 x 5‑inch loaf pan with non‑stick cooking spray. Coat bottom of pan with flour; tap out excess.
- In large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Add apricots and 1/4 cup almonds; mix well.
- In medium bowl, whisk together bananas, buttermilk, oil, brown sugar, eggs and extract until well blended. Add to dry ingredients all at once. Stir just until dry ingredients are evenly moistened. (Do not over mix.) Pour into pan. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons almonds.
- Bake 55 to 65 minutes or until golden brown and wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cover 10 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove bread from pan. Cool completely on rack.
- Wrap covered bread tightly in aluminum foil and store up to 3 days at room temperature. For longer storage, label and freeze.