Applesauce Raisin Chews
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2-1/2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1 cup raisins
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Add applesauce, egg and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.