Apple Snack Cake
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked)
- 1-3/4 cups all‑purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Kretschmer® Wheat Germ, any flavour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 cups peeled, chopped apples
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13 x 9‑inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine water and oats; set aside. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugars, wheat germ, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well.
- Stir in nuts. Add apples, oil, egg, egg whites and vanilla to oat mixture; mix well. Add dry ingredients; mix just until moistened. (Do not overmix.) Pour into pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.