Apple-Scotch Oat Bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/4 cups all‑purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Large Flake Quaker® Oats or Quick Quaker® Oats (uncooked) *
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, finely chopped (about 1‑1/3 cups)
- 1 cup (6 oz.) butterscotch‑flavoured baking chips
- Sifted confectioners’ sugar for sprinkling, if desired
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Spray 13 x 9 x 2‑inch metal baking pan with non‑stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- Add combined flour, baking powder and salt; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in oats, apple and butterscotch chips. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 38 minutes, until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, if desired. Store tightly covered.